Catch'n Air at the Beaver County Fair
August 22-25 2018
Still Under Construction
6BEAVER COUNTY 4-H
Beaver County USU Extension Agent: Mark Nelson
Beaver County Extension Staff:
Beaver County has enjoyed a long tradition of quality 4-H programs for our youth. During the county fair we invite you to support the following 4-H exhibits and shows.
Saturday, August 1, 2016
4-H Horse Show 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Accepting Entries 12:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Judging of Exhibit 9:00 a.m.
Thursday, August 25, 2016
4-H Exhibits 1:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Fair Grand Opening 4:00 p.m.
Friday, August 26, 2016
4-H Exhibits 9:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
4-H Rocket Shoot 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 27, 2016
4-H Exhibits 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
4-H Sheep Show & Test 9:00 a.m.
4-H Steer Show & Test 11:00 a.m.
4-H Goat Show 1:00 p.m.
4-H Pet Show 2:00 p.m.
4-H Poultry Show 3:00 p.m.
4-H Rabbit Show 3:30 p.m.
Pick up Entries 9:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Monday, August 29, 2016
Pick up Entries 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Porfolio entries are highly encouraged.
4-H is a program open to all youth. 4-H meets the needs of youth through a variety of established projects or individually designed projects. Livestock, Home and Expressive Arts, Leadership to Science/Technology, 4-H has something for every youth. For information on how to get involved in 4-H, either as a youth or a leader, contact the USU Extension office at 438-6450.
4-H EXHIBIT CATEGORIES
The following are areas in which a 4-H member enrolled in that project may exhibit.
Cultural or global education, volunteerism, community service.
Communication arts, performing arts, arts and crafts, drawing and painting, sculpture, graphic arts, and photography.
Family and Consumer Sciences:
Child development, child care, babysitting, sewing construction, wardrobe management, quilting, knitting, crochet, needlecraft, consumer education, home environment, parenting and family life education.
Environmental Education and Earth Science:
Environmental stewardship, earth, water and air, forestry, range management, wildlife/fisheries, and outdoor education.
Healthy Lifestyles Education:
Chemical, mental and emotional health, food safety, food preservation, food preparation, breads, outdoor cooking, cake decorating, physical health and safety.
Personal Development and Leadership:
Career exploration, hobbies and collections, leadership skills development, leisure education, reading literacy, social recreation skills.
Plants and Animals:
Small animals, crops/weeds, flower gardening, fruit/vegetable gardening, ornamental horticulture.
Science and Technology:
Biological science, entomology/bees, embryology, veterinary science, aerospace/rocketry, computer technology, woodworking, electric engine/tractor/field, physical science and astronomy.
**Fair intakes will again be done on a statewide online program. 4-Hers and 4-H volunteer leaders are highly encouraged to pre-register their fair entries using this program. Go to www.utah4hreg.usu.edu/cf/ or register on August 8th & 9th from 2:00-5:00 p.m. at the Minersville Library. Someone from the 4-H office will be there to assist you. You can also register your exhibits at the 4-H office (105 East Center Street, Beaver) until August 9th. You may bring your projects with you at that time. For more information, please call the 4-H office at (435) 438-6450.
4-H EXHIBIT RULES
The following rules and regulations shall apply to all sections in the 4-H Department. Any questions regarding any of the rules should be directed to the county extension office.
1) 4-H members must have been in the 3rd through the 12th grade, and at least 8 years old by October 1, 2012.
2) All 4-H members must have enrolled with the USU Extension office/Beaver County 4-H in each project area they wish to exhibit.
3) Pre 4-H (Cloverbuds): All 4-H members in the 2nd grade or younger as of October 1, 2012 may exhibit their items. These exhibits will be displayed and will receive premiums as other 4-H exhibits, but will not be eligible for the State Fair.
4) 4-H members will be allowed an unlimited number of total entries. County exhibits will be judged on quality of work and will be based on the individual merits of the exhibit. Utilizing the Danish judging system, all qualified exhibits entered will be awarded a blue or red ribbon. Premium money will be awarded to each class and ribbon. A blue ribbon=$3.00, a red ribbon=$2.00. There will be a $30 maximum on premium money awarded on 4-H exhibits and a $10 maximum on premium money awarded on produce exhibits.
5) Premium money can be picked up on Friday or Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. or on Monday, August 29th from 9:00 a.m. to noon.
6) The following are additional exhibit requirements:
a. All items entered, which are normally hung on the wall, must provide some means for attachment to the wall (i.e. all paintings, sketches, framed items, woodworking, wall-hangings, articles using artificial or dried flowers are included).
b. Posters need to be 22" x 28" or smaller.
c. Special exhibits or displays should not exceed a 4' x 4' free-standing display.
d. Be sure exhibits are well made so they are stable enough to move.
7) Food items need to be of a quality to keep without refrigeration for the duration of the fair. A copy of each recipe on a 3” x 5” card is requested.
a. Baked Goods: Place all baked goods entries on a sturdy white paper plate and cover with a zip-lock plastic bag. Large items, such as cakes, may be placed on a foil covered piece of heavy cardboard and covered with plastic wrap.
b. Canning: Canning jars need processing date, method, time, and pounds.
8) Any items to be returned (hangers, pie pans, cake stands, etc.) should be marked with name and address of the exhibitor. Baked items will not be returned without prior arrangements.
9) Clothing Entries: Please have all entries neatly pressed and on hangers.
10) The top county exhibits, as selected by the judges, will be sent to the Utah State Fair where they will represent Beaver County and be judged again. The top entries will receive an Honor rosette and a $5.00 cash award. Each 4-H member with entries in the State Fair will receive one gate admission pass to the State Fair. Exhibits for the State Fair will be taken to Salt Lake City on Thursday, September 1st and returned to the Beaver 4-H office on September 19th.
11) Pick up Beaver County fair exhibits on Saturday, August 27th from 9:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. or Monday, August 29th at the fair building between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. or arrange to have someone pick it up for you at that time.